Is pet insurance worth getting for your furry friends? And what exactly does pet insurance include? Don’t worry, Insurance Shops is here to answer all your questions about pet insurance.
Is pet insurance worth getting?
What exactly is pet insurance, and should you get it? Pet insurance is also known as pet health insurance because it helps cover the cost of vet visits. It works just like health insurance for humans. It has deductibles and co-pays, and and you can choose from different plans to cover things like spaying or neutering or pre-existing conditions.
You know how expensive hospital bills are if you aren’t covered with health insurance, and if you have a pet, you’ve probably had unexpected vet visits. Procedures and medications can cost thousands of dollars, and pet insurance takes the worry out of paying the vet bill. If your cat or dog eats a sock, that could cost you up to $10,000! And without pet insurance, you would be paying for that out of pocket.
At Insurance Shops, we recommend Petplan to take care of all your Philadelphia pet insurance needs. Here’s what Petplan covers:
- All accidents and illnesses
- Prescription medications
- Diagnostic testing
- Non-routine dental treatment
- Chronic and hereditary conditions
- Specialist treatment
- MRI, CAT scan, and ultrasound imaging
Benefits of pet insurance
After you sign up for pet insurance, there are some great benefits! Whenever you go to the vet, send in a claim, and you’ll receive a check after just a few days. These are some other perks of pet insurance:
- Pet insurance does not require you to stay within a network of veterinarians. Instead, you can pick your own veterinarian.
- There is no such discrimination by your friendly pet insurance company!
- While your pet must be at least 6 weeks old to be enrolled, there is no upper age limit. If your furry friend is in his later years, you can still get pet insurance.
- Fully customizable plans allow you to budget for costs of vet visits.
Get pet insurance today
Even if you have a healthy pet, you should always be prepared for the unexpected. They could eat something outside that upsets their stomach or develop health problems as they get older. Pet insurance helps you be prepared for the unexpected so the bills aren’t more than you can handle. Contact us today for your free pet insurance quote.